Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meet the Teacher!

Hi, everyone! I am SO excited to join in on the fun over at Blog Hoppin'! What a great way to kick off the school year and get to know one another a bit!


My name is Jenny and I absolutely love what I do! I am engaged to S. - this school year will be a busy one as we are getting married at the beginning of next summer! That should make for an *interesting* end of the school year.

How long have you been teaching?
This year marks my 7th year teaching 1st Grade. 7 years! Where has the time gone? I can't imagine teaching any other grade. 1st Graders are that perfect mix of cuteness and possessing that excitement for learning. I couldn't ask for anything more!

You might not know...
1) I LOVE to dance. I took ballroom dancing lessons for 2 years (and yes, I was inspired by Dancing with the Stars!) but now I limit my dancing to twice-weekly Zumba sessions and weddings. Oh boy, do I love weddings.

2) I enjoy being crafty. I love to knit and am learning how to embroider and sew. There's just not enough time in the day! I entered the blogging world with my blog, Project Handmade.

3) I cannot say no to Caribou Coffee's Medium, milk chocolate, Mint Condition, decaf, skim and no whip drink. Is it a problem if the baristas know my order?


4) I am an animal lover. My dog, Ellie, means the world to me.

5) I enjoy shopping...a lot. It's kind of a problem.


What are you looking forward to the most this school year?
I just can't wait to have a new class! One of the (many) great things about teaching is that we get a fresh start every year. How many other professions can say that? We have that natural starting point in our jobs that allows us to try new things with a new group of students. I love that (along with brand new pencils) at the start of the year!

What do you want to improve?
Differentiation. Sometimes I feel like it's hard to manage the needs of ALL of my students at the same time. I'd like work on making sure every student feels appropriately challenged when completing an assignment.

What teaching supplies can I *not* live without?
I am a supply junkie. I LOVE any sort of new pen, notebook, planner, marker, post-it, etc. It really brightens my day.


Head on over to Blog Hoppin' and meet some new teacher friends!



Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment