Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Before

I finally decided to go into my classroom this week to start the madness that I like to call, "Ohmygosh I Have So Much To Do And So Little Time To Do It" project. What is meant to be a few afternoons of putting materials back in their place, labeling my students' names on everything, and just generally making my room look cutesy, turns into "Maybe I should reconsider my theme." And then, I go crazy.

The last 2 years, I have been very devoted to owls. My students have picked up on this, and have fueled my obsession. I now have more owls than I ever gave a hoot about (intended!). I am not ready to give my owls up just yet, though. I love the color theme I had last year - lime green, bright blue, and brown. But, as you may know, there is a little chevron obsession happening right now, and I couldn't resist the urge to add a bit to my room.

So that meant...

redoing all of my labels (and this Ms. Type A loves her labels!), signs, and daily schedule cards. So, instead of cleaning up the mess that is my classroom, I am formatting labels on my computer instead.

Unfortunately, my classroom still looks remarkably like these pictures, and I hope to make more progress this week. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment